Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
oliver

Default What does magic mean to you?

Here is a simple question. I'd like to hear what magic means to you. Is it entertaining and amazing people? Is it practising sleights or reading magic books? Or does it maybe mean to you to upload videos to Youtube or to create new magic effects? Or is it everything above or something totally different?
Let me hear, what makes you do magic.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
babyte

What makes Me do magic? Well I think it's a thing ( correct me if wprd thing does not covers word magic ) which is not very popular in my country, many of teenagers know that there is sucha thing as magic, but even DL amazes them. So at this point magic is a thing that i use to amaze other people, of course I still afraid of performing tricks to strangers, lol. But I persoally like creating tricks and sharing with magic community, asking for tips and their opinions, what I did wrong and etc.
babyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
thetophatfirm
Red

User channel on YouTube

Art to an artist cannot be defined or logicized. This topic has been covered before in great detail, you can find it in our threads and find some really personal statements.

One thing that a magician needs to answer is that simple question. All of us can tell you moments and experiences and stories, ask you questions, tell you answers [under circumstance], and give you history, but once a magician, whether student, master, marketer, communicator, or teacher understands what magic is in his vision, and can accept this lifestyle and incorporate not only when he practices routines, effects, sleights, or is "in the lab", but when he eats, when he brushes his teeth, when he is not mechanical or observant of "angles" but learning himself in a perspective of "magic".

I use he because I am a male magician, there are female magicians in this world. Don't forget that!

I learn magic. This is what I do
One day I will perform for 30 people, two different card routines, and finish in a close-up scenario a Stage effect.

It will be magical