Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > The Store
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #9
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Spades View Post
$25 seems pretty steep for a single effect.
Depends on how you look at it. This is an improved re-release only brought out because of the extra demand, and a very limited production as for that (I think there literally is only 1 copy left to be sold).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Spades View Post
You guys should check out Arnaud Chevrier's handling of the classic Invisible Palm.
The one 'Invisible Palm' video I've always sworn by (as can be found elsewhere on this board). Arnaud is the best.

Quote:
Here's my performance of that Chevrier's version. I just figured it out by watching his performance over and over. (I changed a few moves to suit my own style but its virtually the same).
Pretty good, but you might keep it more open and cleaner on the eyes. Because you do many moves with both hands at the exact same times, these may seem suspicious and misdirection'ish while the effect as a whole allows the magician to be extremely open and fair about everything. Nice cards though!

Quote:
If you are going to pay for any version I think that buying the Larry Jenning's Book, "The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings" is the way to go as you will get so much more for your money.
But you won't get my version then. While with this DVD you will get Larry Jennings' too.

But sure, many magic books are cheaper and usually include more magic. Also has to do with their production costs and the demand nowadays though, but if anyone asks me whether they should learn magic from video or books, I will always suggest books for various reasons (like interpreting things differently and not being able to imitate the magicians' performances).
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote