Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Playing Cards (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Playing Card Collecting (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=120)

Fin 08-15-2011 11:02 PM

That photo makes me hungry :p

I may take a photo of mine but I need a fisheye camera lense to fit them all in ;)

Albert 08-16-2011 04:28 AM

Holy cr@p; give me Randy's top row of his collection and that's the amount in my collection :D

la0o9 08-16-2011 12:07 PM

@Randy: are you SURE you're not... excluding all the doubles, i see more than 20 types of different decks, and my friend who is a huge collector doesn't even own that many decks( instead he owns some really rare ones that i've never seen advertised before anywhere)

Randy 08-16-2011 12:21 PM

@ la0o9 Nope and i dont own any rare decks and this is what i saved in about 3 years now. I dont gonna pay 150$ for a deck of cards c'mon its not healthy to
spend that much money on only 1 freaking deck of cards you never touch .

Mark 08-16-2011 12:59 PM

^ +1
I got 2 decks of real Jerry's for the price of half of one deck, and I touch them regularly. Wouldn't have gotten them if they were any more expensive.

But.. ask yourself.. how healthy is the current world of card magicians and collectors? ;)

Should I take a picture of my collection? :rolleyes:

Randy 08-16-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 3218)
^ +1
I got 2 decks of real Jerry's for the price of half of one deck, and I touch them regularly. Wouldn't have gotten them if they were any more expensive.

But.. ask yourself.. how healthy is the current world of card magicians and collectors? ;)

Should I take a picture of my collection? :rolleyes:

Hahah i really dont have a clue m8 :D

And yes pls maybe i see some deck of cards i never no that they exists.

Mark 08-16-2011 02:34 PM

Those are pretty much all the different normal poker sized decks I have (indeed, not one duplicate deck in the picture). I may have missed some different versions or colors of some decks though.

As for the total amount I own, it's over 5 times as much as what you see in the picture (mainly Bicycle Riders and Tally-Ho's):

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5...ayingcards.png

By the way, the Bees in the bottom are actually Wynns of every kind.

KGaborMagic 08-16-2011 02:38 PM

Whoa! That's a really big collection. I mostly just have regular bikes, so I don't have to make a gimmick for every deck if I want it.

MeandmagiC 08-16-2011 02:51 PM

lol, that is an awesome collection! :D
so what do you do with it all day? :) looking at it? :)

Mark 08-16-2011 02:55 PM

Well, a funny fact is that I have used almost every single one of those decks (not every single deck I own, but everything you see in the picture). But yeah, usually the collection is just put away in my card drawers. ;)

Albert 08-16-2011 03:02 PM

Holy f**k face! At least you still have the gold and silver decks! ;)

Mark 08-16-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert (Post 3227)
Holy f**k face! At least you still have the gold and silver decks! ;)

You found them? :D:p

Albert 08-16-2011 03:10 PM

I believe it's on the 5th and 6th row, right? Haha I thought you forgot about the 'New Jerry's' for a moment xD

Randy 08-16-2011 03:14 PM

Wow nice collection you got there Mark .

Fin 08-17-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert (Post 3227)
Holy f**k face!

Well Albert!! I'm amused and disappointed! :rolleyes:

Mark, that's impressive. And now I'm gonna have to take a pic of mine, although I may hook up with Spielberg and give my collection the treatment it really deserves.

Kelan 08-17-2011 02:05 AM

Thumbs up for the Arcco's! Mark, how do you like em?

I think they might be my favorites next to Aladdin's.

TheMisdirectingHand 08-17-2011 07:03 AM

I only have three decks :(

CardMagic 11-17-2011 07:54 PM

My Collection

Sadly, Benji Taylor has practically all the decks I once owned. Boy, i should really stop going to his house. I go in with a case weighing a ton, and leave with it weighing a gram (lolz). Anyway, My collection:

24 Standard Bicycle decks
12 Rider Back (old box) Bicycle decks
2 Red Tally ho fan back
1 blue tally ho fan back
1 blue Bee (Diamond Back Club Special) and one Red.
2 Blue Steamboats (2 after my 5 Year Old brother viciously destroyed one)
1 White Raider Deck
2 Bee Stingers (Yum)
1 White Ghost (delicious)
1 Karnival Midnight Foil Case
2 Blue Vintage 1800 Decks
1 Mandolin Back Red
1 Black Arcane
Vanishing Deck
Final Fusion Deck
UltraGaff Deck
Cardtoon
Astral Projection deck
Freedom Pack Deck
2 Wierd Bridge Decks
1 Karnvial Dose Deck
2 Crappy Sports Directs Decks

thats from the top of my head....

BenjiTaylor 11-17-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 3221)
Those are pretty much all the different normal poker sized decks I have (indeed, not one duplicate deck in the picture). I may have missed some different versions or colors of some decks though.

As for the total amount I own, it's over 5 times as much as what you see in the picture (mainly Bicycle Riders and Tally-Ho's):

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5...ayingcards.png

By the way, the Bees in the bottom are actually Wynns of every kind.

Wow! Unfortunately I cannot say that there is only 1 of each deck in this video however you can still see it if you like :)

Johnny Silver 11-17-2011 08:44 PM

@Mark-those 1800 series are my favs. Not for performance, but creating atmosphere around a effect. Nice collection