Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
Johnny Silver

Donor Score: 100
User channel on YouTube

@Mark- Theres no glitch I guess its because of the different places we live. The Chicago area can be a tough place. I have to establish myself as the magician,not just some guy off the street,when I walk up to a table, or fights can break out very quickly. A look or smile (at someones woman) can make a situation unfold. Yes, its a sad situation. Once they know Im a magician, they know Im going to do magic, but they dont know what. If I pull out a deck of cards, most people think you are just going to try to fool them. Alot of people have done a card trick at some point in thier life, so they know that they use sleight of hand or are self working, so they THINK they know how its done. So many times I've heard "Dude!, I've seen people do card tricks, but that was awesome!"(at my opening) At this point you can do anything. If you start with a card trick, no matter what card trick you start with, people think of that guy that says, picka card, any card. Starting with a card trick is so typical, I just want to encourage people to open with something unexpected. Definatley, not bashing card trick openings-just giving different options
Also, (because of the area), if you walked up to a table and said, "would you like to help me out", most people around here would say, get the h_ll out of here, because they would think you want money or change. I dont agree with saying "would you like to help me out", its kinda forcing yourself to the table under the false assumption that there is something wrong and you need help. Just my opinion, please dont take it the wrong way
Johnny Silver is offline   Reply With Quote