Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Announcements > Introduce yourself
Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
OPIAT3D

Default Good Morning Everyone

Let's see . . . never good at intro's of myself, but i'll do my best.

I started into magic about 8months ago now, after watching a movie and researching the movie, a random magic link came up on google for some reason. So I started reading, went through a few more sites, and have been deeply involved in learning since then as well as enjoy performing. I'm 37, so starting at a later age, but still enjoy my new pastime regardless. I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, and have found magic to be an endless supply for this, as well as rewarding.

That's about it for that aspect, other than I work, have a great wife and two daughters who also inspire me with my magic, always wanting to see what i'm learning (and also pointing out flaws . . . ages 4 and 6 seem to catch EVERYTHING and have no problems voicing it, lol). I don't perform for money, nor do I see myself doing so in the future. I just enjoy it, and love the reactions. It's more of a social thing for me. Perhaps I'll end up doing some "volunteer" shows eventually for charity (My oldest has CP and I love doing anything to give back to the organizations that have helped out).

For those that are here often and talk often, feel free to call my by my given name (if you like): Patrick or "Pat" for short. Or shorten up my nic to "Opi", used to that as well. I look forward to meeting everyone here over time.
OPIAT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Hey Patrick!

Thanks a lot for joining and for your great inspiring story which shows even older people (sorry ) can start doing magic, unlike all extremely young YouTube magicians!

I hope to see you around here more often, feel free to help us fill up some (or all) the forum sections, and if you need help with anything we will gladly help you.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote