Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #11
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Thank you for fulfilling the role of his secretary, Kevo. I would've preferred it if Vencislav would've signed up himself (we would've understood him anyways, no matter how bad his English would be) but this works too.

However, if he doesn't want to be judged, he shouldn't upload those videos and allow people to give feedback to them. And being the inventor of those effects, I think I have all the rights to judge him on it and to make this forum thread about it.

I hope he understands that I get kind of annoyed by people commenting things like "Almost as good as Mark 0.01 % away of being MarkHilkeMeijer :P" and "great performance Mark should be proud! " to a video in which he faked another one of my effects ('Jumpgate' in this case). If you look at the video description and tags you find a whole lot of false advertising: "Original impromptu and clean sandwich effect by MarkHilkemeijer, great trick. I work on this effect a long time,its a hard trick. Hope you like the performance!". How could I possibly support that if it's simply not true in his case?

He has enough skills to know better than that. Sure he may know clean ways to copy those effects, but in the videos he doesn't show those and he kind of confessed by saying he could upload either clean and gimmicked performances. Sure, he could, but as long as he lies about it, I won't support it.

This is what I posted months ago to his 'On Top Of The World' attempt and I believe it should've made a difference, yet it apparently didn't:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicPRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHilkemeijer
This is the 12th video I seen on 'OTOTW', and all of them are done the exact same, dirty, unoriginal way. =(

I'm very glad you like the effect, but I would've liked it if you would be the one to jump off of the bandwagon and do it the clean way like it's supposed to be.

Thanks.
thanks mark you are right... i really like your tricks and this also is awesome and i try to make same effect, i know its not exactly how is done...your performance is awesome and i cant figured out ... thats why i try to make effect with my point of your performance... and i dont how you control the cards, control , pass , shift.
Tell him that if he continues lying about his performances being clean and impromptu, this won't stop and he will be having a bad name.. thanks to himself. He could as well just delete those statements (he doesn't even have to say that it's dirty and gimmicked, and at 'Tipical' he didn't say it was clean or impromptu either so I guess he knows how).

There is no need to delete the videos, and I personally believe having those videos deleted and being upset about this isn't the right way to deal with it.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote