Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
kammagic
Banned

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Although it would be a personal opinion to say whether you do or don't ruin the art I do not see any insults or hate in "This is where inappropriate actions of magicians and magic services are exposed to the public so you know what to look out for.". It clearly says it is to warn people so that they know who and what to look out for.
All I'm guilty of is filtering my video comments. It's my right and my channel. So I can do whatever I want. YouTube gives you that ability. Everyone should do it. When I watch someone else's video I never judge the video according to the comments it has. I decide wether I like it or not by viewing the video and deciding for myself. This goes true with my videos. What comments appear or don't appear on my videos have no influence on wether the video is good or not. The decision is made by watching the video and deciding for yourself. My filtering of comments does not hurt magic in any way. If it could please explain how.

I've been doing magic long enough that I know whether or not my video is good or not and I know all the mistakes I make in them. I don't post my videos looking for help. I post to educate and entertain. When I need help I go to people who I trust and I know they know what they are talking about.

The problems people brought up on this thread about my videos are ridiculous and are not even issues of concern.

Example:

Someone complained about a 20 second intro I had on my videos. A long intro is not any problem. I have had longer and shorter ones It doesn't matter. I subscribe to over 200 channels I have never not watched a video because it had an extra long intro. Most people know you can simply click past an intro if you don't want to watch it. So when someone made comments about me having a long intro I found it petty and a ridiculous thing to complain about and the comment got deleted.

Example:
Someone also complained that I missed a DL twice. Are you serious? Have you ever performed live? Missing a DL is the least of your worries.
There is a common misconception among beginners that missing or double pumping a DL gives it away. This is not true. To a lay audience when we do a DL they think we aren't doing anything. If I were just turning over a single card and I missed and got 2 cards I would need to double pump and try again to get a single card. This is a completely natural action and looks exactly the same. Missing is a rare occurrence but it does happen to everyone. I have done the math and I have done some 2 to 3 million dl's under the heat of live performance and I have never had an audience suspect anything when I missed a double. You just need to keep your cool and continue. Like I demonstrated in the video.

I have explained why I filter comments and how it doesn't hurt magic. and I have explained that if people contact me with respect I will gladly talk to them about magic, help them in any way and listen to there concerns.

Is there something I'm missing? You guys have not shown any way in which I hurt magic. You have not shown any way that I am a bad influence on young magicians.

I do make my living from magic. I put food on my table with magic. I survive by doing magic. So yes I do sell my tutorials and advertise on my channel. There is nothing wrong or unusual about that. In the states the economy right now is very bad. Restaurants are closing all over and business in the restaurants is very slow. I am so lucky that my tutorials have been selling well and taking up the slack from the money I lose at the restaurant. It is very hard to be a full-time professional entertainer. You must make many sacrifices. But magic is something I love and I hope I can continue doing it forever.

I work hard. I am passionate about what I do. I love putting a smile on someone's face. I love talking about, sharing and teaching magic with those who are interested. You claim my attitude is bad but my philosophy is simple. You respect me I'll respect you.

I would just like to mention we may be having some cultural differences here. We may have different ideas of what is rude or disrespectful. This should be taken into consideration.
I live near Chicago IL. Most of you guys are from the Netherlands correct?
kammagic is offline   Reply With Quote