Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Theatre > The Flourish Center
Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
Kieran Oloughlin

Default I need help with flashy cuts

I bought dan and daves the system dvd and I have been trying to learn genisis but it seems to hard. Maybe I have jumped right into the deep end and need to take a step back.
Any tips?
Also is there some easier dvds that I could learn some flashy cuts?
Or will I have just have to stick to hours of practicing what seems impossible?
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Kevo

User channel on YouTube

Well I personaly started with the simple "Sybil" move(not false sibyl from The System - its really hard especially for a beginner).In my opinion just go along with Genesis(Andrei Jikh's right?).Its maybe the best beginner DVD.The moves arent so "flashy" but will give you a good foundation for further flourishing work.Just be patient and learn every single one of them.Even if you think that some of the flourishes are dumb don't skip them!(because I did and then realized that I missed much and started to learn them now!).Then you can take Brian Tudor's "Show off" DVD's.Many people dont like his style but I do They are flashy and maybe a little bit easier from The System(at least I think that way ) Hope this helps!
Kevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

i think the System isn't something you'd go to when you're starting out... just that it is quite hard because it doesn't have worded explanations and the moves aren't exactly easy, i think the 2nd Trilogy disc is much easier for beginners( easier doesn't mean it's easy). And also Brian Tudor's "Show off" is also quite good, he covers some of the basics in the 1st disc that will help you on your road later on.
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube

If you are barely starting to learn flourishes, start out with something simple. Personally, I do not know any cuts at all, besides the basic cuts and portions of XCM. The one cut I always wanted to learn was the 180 Helix Cut (funny, I know). I could barely even get halfway to it. I started learning cuts that were even below the speed and level of that one, and I built myself up. Eventually I was able to do it.

•People who talk and never do: The Lower Class

•People who talk and do at the same time: The Middle Class

•People who do before they ever talk: The Upper Class

A real man does not need to talk. We are the upper class."

-Joseph Lau
TheMisdirectingHand is offline   Reply With Quote