Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
OliveroG
Marcos Olivero

User channel on YouTube
Question Hand shaking in magic.

I've been a magician for quite a long time, i've had many experiences in public, i have worked on parties, on stage and even for random people in a magic store, with all of that, i've managed to not care about performing for public in general.

But...

For some reason, almost everytime i perform for other magicians, i get this annoying handshaking... my hands simply start to shake, that's it, and i'm not really nervous, i can still perfectly be infront of the audience. I believe it's because i feel tested (this mostly happens when i'm infront somebody who knows my area, or who has a really big career supporting them).

After some performances in front of magicians, i am now able to kinda control it AFTER it has started, but in the beggining it's always pretty annoying, so my general question, has this happened to you? and if it has, how do you manage to control hand shaking when performing? i personally stop for a second, get a deep breath, relax all the pressure in my hands (while talking) and when i come back, it's all a little bit better.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
OliveroG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audience, hand, magicians, performances, shaking