Magicians: The Gathering

Magicians: The Gathering (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//index.php)
-   Public Magic Discussions (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Lets see your fav control (http://www.magiciansthegathering.com/community//showthread.php?t=488)

Johnny Silver 11-08-2011 01:43 AM

Lets see your fav control

Albert 11-08-2011 02:07 AM

I completely agree with you when you say that the control itself isn't super important in live performing situations. I usually simply use cuts and shuffles to accomplish it if I'm allowed to shuffle the deck. I'll also post one later on, but a nice thread to start! :D

TheMisdirectingHand 11-08-2011 02:10 AM

I don't particularly like this control. It's just not convincing because of the packet moving to the top... I almost got caught using it once. Almost. Your take on it was pretty nice though.

Kelan 11-08-2011 02:29 AM

That's a great one Johnny. I've always been a fan of it. For me, in the hands would be the cascade control and on the table would be the automatic rear jog. I love them both- the cascade control doesn't change the position of any other card and the spectators can burn the pack during the rear jog. I also really like the fact that you can control the card any time you want. You can patter on about the trick and in the off beat moment, the control is done.

Travmang 11-08-2011 02:30 AM

Same, I'll post one in a few days or so once I get past the laziness barrier.

Albert 11-08-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMisdirectingHand (Post 5189)
I don't particularly like this control. It's just not convincing because of the packet moving to the top... I almost got caught using it once. Almost. Your take on it was pretty nice though.

Really? Are you sure that you just didn't accidentally flash? I've never had a problem using the control that Johnny showed in the video. :thinking:

Travmang 11-08-2011 02:40 AM

The control I plan on posting isn't necessarily my favorite control, but rather a new control I've been working on. :)

TheMisdirectingHand 11-08-2011 03:33 AM

No. He didn't see anything. The spectator just "suspected" and he almost flipped it. I saved myself by doing a DL.

Fin 11-08-2011 03:53 AM

Great performance Johnny. I know the move but you still got me. Even second time around it was hard to spot. I don't use this move enough!!

la0o9 11-08-2011 04:42 AM

i only use that control in a card to mouth routine, but it IS a very nice one. i usually just use a shuffle or a double undercut in real life. But, i also like to show off once in a while with a nice and smooth Youtube-only control.

ouncesmusic 11-08-2011 03:44 PM

NO DOUBLE UNDERCUTS!!!! jp, it's not for me. These are what I use and never had a problem since I started.

I tried to go slow because of the bad quality, sorry.

schugunwinta 11-08-2011 11:41 PM

Does passes count ?

OliveroG 01-01-2012 11:22 PM

I like the pass, double undercuts, diagonal palm shift, bluff pass, Marlo's convincing control and doing top changes before losing the card :D maybe i'll post some video later, if i find my camera ._.

Leroy 01-02-2012 03:14 AM

These are the controls I like best at the moment :D