PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay..

Mark
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
How much would you pay or be willing to pay for a single episode of a monthly video magazine (no text, just video) with three different sections, one of them being a trick with thorough explanation, the other two sections being regarding theory. I am thinking of making this but I have no idea what price to ask for it. I think each episode will be about 30-45 minutes in length.

This doesn't mean that the average of the poll will be the final price too, but it's just to get an idea.

Thanks. :)

ouncesmusic
03-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Awesome. I was going to suggest a theory course of some sort on the Art. So crazy you brought this up.

I'd definitely be interested, as it seems more like school; educational regarding the theory with "lab time," so to speak.

Plus, I don't know where I stand on joining a "ring" from around my area (as has been suggested to me by my local magic shop), but feel this form of discussion (forums) where everyone can be heard and contribute fairly gives anyone who joined an equal voice.

la0o9
03-28-2012, 12:19 AM
well, counting all expenses( editing, uploading, and filming), i think about $20-$50 would be the price i'd pay, tho i don't buy many foreign magazines so i don't know...

KGaborMagic
03-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Somebody quickly vote to $8 - $8.99!

TommySteal
03-28-2012, 08:37 PM
I guess it's hard to say until you put out a FREE first episode for us all to check out. Once we see how good it is then you might get a decent price. I voted around 5.99 for now

Mark
03-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks a lot for the votes! ^_^

We will make it so you can buy single issues, take a 6 month subscription or choose for a one-year subscription. Of course, the bigger the subscription, the cheaper each issue. The votes really help a lot to confirm the price range we had in mind.

We will most likely release twelve issues a year, even though this year is already 3 months in (most likely releasing the first issues closely after each other).

Fin
03-31-2012, 02:22 AM
:crossed: ok i'm waiting for issue 1! ;)

Travmang
04-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Me as well! I've been so busy the past few months that I need to shoot some magic into my system... and fast. Hope I don't overdose! ;)

Fin
04-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Trav.. smoke, don't inject. Much safer

Mark
04-02-2012, 07:20 PM
The idea of a video magazine has been canceled. However, we will release a card trick plan called 'Mystery Sessions', which is basically the same but just for exclusive tricks and explanations (12 per year).

Theory lessons will be released separately in the eMprove category (so don't worry Ounces ;)).