PDA

View Full Version : Middle-grab

KGaborMagic
09-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Here's a little piece of sleight-of-hand I've been working on for a while. I LOVE using this live.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct11rjDfy4g

Kelan
09-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Great quality!

Looks fantastic. Is it difficult?

KGaborMagic
09-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Well, there's an easy and a hard way of doing it (this is the hard way). I'm currently working on a more harder and better-looking technique for the effect. But the reason why I LOVE using this is because there is an angle-proof technique as well (not as elegant as this, but tested and it works really well!)

Alexander
09-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Man, that's really awesome. First time watching it I thought "OK, so the half of the deck was tossed. WAIT. It's not the half. It was the whole deck. Wait again. Is that the selecred card? WHAAAA?". So that means that you fooled me pretty badly :D You should post that on The Wire, I'm sure there will be a lot of downloadings.
UPD: And by the way, the green bikes are cool. I've got one myself. :D

KGaborMagic
09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Haha, thanks:D
I don't make public (or purchasable) tutorials. I like to keep my ideas safe, so I only teach them to my 'students' and magician friends in real life. I usually also make pdf books of my ideas, but I only give them to a few magician friends.^_^

Mark
09-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Nice one! I was able to follow along but was worried that the magical moment would be something I'd seen before. But it wasn't! Clever, to the point, me likes! :D

la0o9
09-18-2011, 11:52 PM
awesome, you should have put this on Mismag's contest, it would definitely have placed.

KGaborMagic
09-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks Mark. I knew you will be able to figure it out, because partly you inspired me in the technique of the effect. (I'm sure you know which part^_^)

Actually I wanted to make this video as a contest entry to MISM, but this is the disadvantage when you don't have a tripod: my friend was busy with school and stuff, and couldn't record it in time.:cry:

twiztedking
10-30-2011, 11:57 AM
you could make this a four ace production

KGaborMagic
10-30-2011, 02:26 PM
you could make this a four ace production

Good idea, sir. Thank you!
I'll work on it.:D