PDA

View Full Version : MTL

KGaborMagic
08-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I have an interesting question, Mark. The control in your trick Dyed is the MTL? Lots of people say that they're identical (even Eoghan, who knows how it's done), and it's true that the two controls have similarities, but the "shift" itself looks completely different. Is it a variation or is it the main sleight, and the sleight in 'MTL Control' is the variation? Or is it a completely different move? I'm really confused.:eek:
You could clarify the things. :)

-K. Gábor

Mark
08-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Funny that you say so. 'MTL' stands for Motionless (MoTionLess). Everyone way overuses it in our comment sections by calling every seemingly motionless control 'MTL', for the fact that there is (almost) no visible motion rather than it being that specific control. The only actual 'MTL' was done in the 'MTL Control' video. :)

KGaborMagic
08-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Interesting, because it really looks like they have some technical similarities :D
Have you got a name for that control in Dyed? I'm working on a control inspired by that, and I would like to credit you, when I'll upload it.:)

Mark
08-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Sure, there are some similarities but there are some major differences too. That control I call the 'MSC' (can't tell you what it stands for though, nor has it been published). It can also be seen in here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQPY1XQN1Dw) at 0:47 (not exactly but it comes a whole lot closer to the 'MSC' in 'Dyed'). ^_^

KGaborMagic
08-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I found that before, too, but I thought it's the MTL :D

Kieran Oloughlin
08-15-2011, 09:16 AM
What I thought died used the mtl, they look the same

Mark
08-15-2011, 09:19 AM
How the ... do they look the same? One is done with the deck held with the left hand under the deck, the other is with the deck held with the right hand over the deck. Those are opposites. :confused:

Kieran Oloughlin
08-15-2011, 09:25 AM
??? Really? I did not see, I will look now

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

No that still look the same. WHAT AM I MISSING!

Mark
08-15-2011, 09:35 AM
:wtf:

'nuf said.

Kieran Oloughlin
08-15-2011, 10:48 AM
:cry:

KGaborMagic
08-15-2011, 10:49 AM
MSC uses a squaring motion, while MTL is done with the deck passed from the left hand to the right.

Mark
08-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Not exactly but fair enough, yes.

The 'MSC' looks pretty much like a 'DPS' or 'Repulse Control', the deck being held by the right hand from above as I mentioned. The 'MTL' on the other hand (literally), is with the deck being held by the left hand from underneath. This means that, unlike at the 'MSC', the left hand can't move freely because.. well.. it's holding the deck.

Kieran Oloughlin
08-16-2011, 08:24 AM
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH I understand now