PDA

View Full Version : Repulse Sandwich

Travmang
05-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Hey! Here I perform a sandwich effect that uses the Repulse Control! Check it out and please tell me what you think of it and what I need to work on! After going back and watching it I think I fiddle a little bit too much but I'd say its a pretty good job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF8Uga4bNCc&feature=player_embedded

MarkoViner
05-17-2011, 10:57 PM
I've got to give you this : The Repulse control you did is absolutely amazing! I haven't seen any flashes, it looked like you just squared the deck up, great job! I have no critics on the trick itself , tho I do have on your videos :/ Add some music, or if you're from America talk in your videos :D Make up a story! And I will end with a quote from a world famous cardican "It doesn't matter if the trick is simple or hard if its visual or not what makes an effect magical is how the cardican presents it" -Dai Vernon

Travmang
05-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah I know, my new phone that I use to record my videos has some stupid problem where it doesn't pick up sound very well. Even when I talk it won't usually pick up my voice, its really lame and I want to fix it because some tricks you kind of have to talk. =/

MarkoViner
05-17-2011, 11:05 PM
try plugging in a microphone from your computer to the phone?

la0o9
05-18-2011, 06:16 AM
the background, the cards and your hands made it look like you were a giant holding a small deck of cards... but it was very nice, if i didn't know the Repulse, i wouldn't even notice what little fiddling you did...

TommySteal
05-18-2011, 03:58 PM
I agree with Marko: flawless control though performance lacking

TommySteal
05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Actually the whole thing's really smooth so my only critisism would be try and not hide the deck too much because it could add to a spectator's suspicion

Fin
06-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Wooey! Very smooth.

Fin
06-16-2011, 03:37 AM
Just watched this again Travmang and I gotta say it's awesome. I was wondering if you've performed this yet and if you have what sort of reactions you got? I'm watching the tutorial again tonight and giving this some serious study. And thanks again Albert.

Albert
06-16-2011, 05:32 AM
Trav did a mighty fine job in a short time of learning, although it can definitely be sped up :D

Good luck to you too Fin! :)

Kieran Oloughlin
06-16-2011, 08:22 AM
I should probably wathc the tutorial a couple more times aswell and but some more focus on the repulse because I can do it but I to do some more work on it.

Albert
06-16-2011, 04:11 PM
In my opinion, the learning the repulse isn't too hard, but refining the technique is really the hardest part since there are very small things that can be fixed but is hard to adjust sometimes.

Travmang
06-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Hey, thanks for the responses guys, it means a lot to me! I haven't performed it live very much, but the few times I have, the spectators are truly baffled. My camera setup is horrible, I'm using a phone with a kickstand that doesn't record audio for some reason. It does, but its very very low and I haven't found any free editing software to do a voice over for it, so my performances lack that aspect. Plus, The kickstand and camera are at an angle, so most of my performances are done at a slightly awkward angle which makes the trick a little harder at times. It sucks. =( But I'm glad you all like it! <3