PDA

View Full Version : Holidays, school camp and magic

Kieran Oloughlin
04-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Hullo,hullo hullo!
I am on a two week school holiday:D! Well after this week anyway.
Tommoroww I am going on a school camp which comsumes the rest fo the week tuseday to friday and when I come back it will be school holidays plenty of time to practice some stuff from andthensome:D

BUT I DO HAVE 3 ASSIGMENTS I NEED TO DO:mad::mad::thinking::mad::mad::rolleyes::mad::ma d::(:(:mad:. A maths assigment on spirals:eek: a history essay:( and a english model:thinking:.

SO anyway on my school camp I will be performing magic I expect as almost evryone knows in my year that I do magic so I will be perfoming a bit. I have organized my 6 packs of 1$ cards that where spread across my room into a few decks so when performing outside I do not have to worry about ruining anything and Later I am going to cut out some cardboard things so I can do stigmata. Also there is a talent quest that EVERYONE has to perform in on the last night so I am thinking about doing something like estimation ace for that and maybe my variation of impossible knowledge (if that is ok with you oliver).

I should of posted this up yesterday so you guys could see this and give me some trick suggestions and stuff but I forgot.
So yeah tommorow school camp then holidays and I am hoping that when I get back from camp andthensome will of arrived.

Post an uptade in a couple of days when I get back see ya.

la0o9
04-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Good luck, cause if you're relying on cards, you can only rely on your card handling and memory

Albert
04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh sounds awesome! :D

If you will be participating on stage in front of a pretty big crowd, card tricks usually don't turn out well unless it's a manipulation routine, strictly speaking out of first-hand experience xD

Unless you do something like Cards Across or that trick (forgot the name) where you count 5 cards, throw one away and there are still 5 cards, and you repeat that, basically saying that no matter how many cards you throw away, there are always 5 cards in your hand.

You can do rope tricks too :)

Kieran Oloughlin
04-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Hello got back today! Damn 5 hour bus trip. Anyway I did not perform as much magic as I would of liked during the day because I am nevrvous going up to people even my frineds or calssmates and saying do you want to see a trick. But I did do some performing and it all went pretty well.

Now the talent quest evryone was seated on a mat thing (it was at a camp it was outside and this was 44 odd people) so what me and my firend did (who also does card magic but I am wwwwwwwaaayyyy better than him) is put a card mat on a fold out table and evryone stood around it. I did a triumph trick then my frined did the insane-sane trick by jay sankey (not sure what it is called) then I did a rope trick that I learnt in my magic kit where you snap the rope through a spectators neck he then did (and stuffed up) jumping jemini but he improvised so it worked out okay. Then I did the estimation ace by ed marlo but because it was at night and it was cold and there where 44 people watching my hands where shaking and I could not do a faro shuffle so a pre-prepared it Got big reactoins for that trick. I then did the werm card flourish and my friedn did some spread flourishes.

Here where our scores:
10/10 (yr 8 maths teacher also said that our magic skills showed evidence of misspent youth >_<)
11/10 (homeclass teacher)
13/10 (my year level codinator from the previous 2 years)
13.1/10(media teacher from last year)
15/10 (IT guy)
Me and my friend won I (OBVIOUSLY)

So yeah I was happy with the camp and tommorrow it I have 2 week holidays YES!

la0o9
04-15-2011, 01:06 PM
how did you got points over the max of 10?

that comment about misspent youth was funny, definitely what you want to hear from a grown up( it means the same as "you must have practiced a long time for this to be so good")

Kieran Oloughlin
04-16-2011, 03:05 AM
We got marks over 10 because we are MAGIC!
No seriously, because it was a school camp and evryone had to do a performance only a few where good so the marking system was very easy. The 2nd place winner went before us and got 10/10 for evrything so in order for us to ww got above 10.