PDA

View Full Version : Creating orignial sleights or moves

Kieran Oloughlin
04-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Hey!
Ever sense I started to create my own tricks I have been trying to create a new sleght. Harder than I thought:thinking:. Anway I was mucking around with my cards this morning at the bus stop and I tried something AND IT WORKED:eek::D! I created a shift in which you push the card into the deck dribble the cards and it is on the bottom. Am am worried that someone else may have created it and I jsut re thought of some elses idea.

Anyway, how do you guys make new sleights does it just come to you or do you think of your goal and work to achieve it and any tips for creating new ones.

Albert
04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Personally, almost all the sleights I came upon just happened by pure coincidence. I was just playing around with some old moves or just got bored and was showing off by myself in front of a mirror and it came to me.

From then on, I would improve on it if I thought it was useful.

But, it really is difficult to come up with new sleights :(

la0o9
04-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Same goes for me( tho i've only made 2 sleights, both of which aren't that hard to figure out if you're a magician imo), i simply played around a bit with the sleights i know( or was trying to perfect an old sleight), and it came to me. Sometimes i'd try and make up a sleight to replicate what another person have done( Mark's OTOTW for example), but they usually aren't that great.

Albert
04-01-2011, 12:51 PM
The best way to come up with new sleights is to get high and start playing with the deck.

You know, many of the famous painters actually got their ideas by being high on stuff. That's why their stuff is so abstract! :D