PDA

View Full Version : School magic

s13zeTheDay
03-30-2011, 03:06 AM
This is my first attempt at filming some magic at school. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwo1blNrOdE&feature=feedu

la0o9
03-30-2011, 06:42 AM
so... which guy was you?

and it seems you've managed to fooled quite a few people, just check the comments out.

Albert
03-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Good job! It always takes courage to go out and perform!

Just a few pointers for the future (which is hard to control at first):
1) It seems like you were a bit nervous, which made you speed up some of your tricks. Slow down and make sure the spectators can easily follow what you are doing. Just take a nice breather in the middle of your tricks to slow down your pace;
2) During your the biddle trick, you said something like "now spread the cards and you will see one card face down". In the future, I would try and avoid telling the spectators what will happen since it ruins the climax.

Other than that, well done! :D

s13zeTheDay
03-30-2011, 01:24 PM
I have been debating what to do in the biddle trick, because many people don't know what to do if I don't expressly tell them. For example, many people either just turn over the top card or start spreading then stop, because they don't know what they're looking for. While I agree that in general you shouldn't say what's going to happen, I do think that in this instance there is still some suspense because they look to see 1) if it really happened and 2) if it's actually their card. Though I still think that this isn't ideal, just from my experiences better than not.

Also thanks! :)

Albert
03-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Of course, i know what you mean since ive been performing the biddle trick like that before. Personally i changed up the patter up a bit so that i could later say "...and like that your card returns to the deck. Check for yourself" or something along those lines. Coming up with a good patter is always difficult :)

la0o9
03-31-2011, 06:39 AM
Personally, i just like to act like i don't know anything( after the false count i spread the cards BEFORE saying that i'll make one disappear), and then i just let them "help" me look for the card inside the deck( yep, incompetent magician act, but i only do it as the 3rd or 4th trick after establishing that i'm a decent magician, it loosens people up a bit). But i agree, patter is hard...

Fruglemonkey
03-31-2011, 04:06 PM
How big's your school?

s13zeTheDay
03-31-2011, 11:08 PM
there are about 850 kids

s13zeTheDay
05-12-2011, 11:06 PM
EPISODE 2
Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY_YJOFfGmI

Albert
05-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Good job going out there and performing for the crowd! :)

I do believe a little more practice can really improve the performance, but nice job regardless!