PDA

View Full Version : Card to Wallet

Albert
03-17-2011, 09:57 PM
So, I've been searching for a good wallet for CtW that isn't too pricey, but I hear mixed reviews on some many of them.

I was considering:
1) Hip Pocket Mullica
2) Real Man's Wallet
3) Triple Threat Wallet
4) Black's CTW Wallet

I keep hearing good reviews saying they are fantastic and the next person says it's terrible. I don't know who to believe :hm:

If anyone has any insight to CtWs, I would love to hear it.

I don't really mind if it's palm or no palm. Just don't like the idea of needing some kind of slider to help load the card (I hear Real Man's Wallet users normally have some kind of thick cardboard to help with the load :()

TheMisdirectingHand
03-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Or maybe you would consider using Card to Pocket instead? It isn't pricey at all!

Albert
03-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I used to do a card to pocket and I still do =) I'm even thinking of using a DB card instead of a special wallet. But I just think it will be a nice closer to my routine I'll be performing this April =)

Oh well :(

s13zeTheDay
03-17-2011, 11:53 PM
I recently bought the Real Man's Wallet and I think for the price it's great. Yes, a slider helps, but if you become proficient enough you could probably get around it. Also you can use any firm object like a drivers license, id, metrocard, etc. Other than that it's relatively thin for a magicians wallet (I'd say only slightly bigger than a normal leather wallet) and is also a nice functional wallet.

The other wallet I know a bit about is the hip pocket mullica. I'm going to tell you right now, the people who named it probably have some special hip pockets- you are more likely than not going to put it somewhere else. The other main flaw (in my opinion- some people disagree) is that it is a gimmicked no-palm wallet within a normal outer wallet. I think it's just too much extra stuff to deal with. I will say that it is nice to not have to do any sketchy moves or palm anything though. You also can produce oversized objects, which is a bonus (e.g. pool ball, as shown in trailer). Finally, I will add that it's not really a functional wallet compared to the others on the list.

Albert
03-18-2011, 12:27 AM
That really helps s13ze. I was considering to take out the mullica since I put my wallet in my back pocket anyways.

Any other contributions will be appreciated =)