PDA

View Full Version : General magic dvd

Kieran Oloughlin
03-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Is there any good dvds that specalize in general magic rather than coin or card? I would like the dvd to have mostly ungimmicked tricks aswell if that is possible. Thanks

la0o9
03-12-2011, 06:02 AM
To my knowledge, the only things left that you could do impromtu that isn't coins or cards are cigarettes and ropes, i don't know of a DVD that would teach either, but i do know of 2 books: "Encyclopedia of Cigarette tricks" and "70 foolproof rope tricks". If you don't enjoy buying books and reading them or buying gimmicks, i think you'll have to stick with coins and cards( which BTW, are insanely hard... i haven't a shred of confidence to perform a live coin trick despite having practiced them for a while, and almost no confidence performing card tricks to boys live)

But that is just to my knowledge, someone like Albert or Mark who have more experience than i do might be able to help you better.

Kieran Oloughlin
03-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Thanx lo0o9,
I have searched a bit and nothing. I find gimmicks a little annoying. And with the card magic problem, I know you are a better macgian than me but maybe i can help. I perform at school sometimes to both boys and girls and I found it supprising of how many people actually respect what you are doing so try it you maybe suprised.

Albert
03-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Gregory Wilson and Jay Sankey has fabulous DVDs dedicated to impromptu magic with all sorts of everyday objects. I don't remember the names of the DVDs but you can very easily find it on google.

la0o9
03-12-2011, 06:34 AM
oh you mean "amazing magic with everyday object" by Jay Sankey?

that could do. i think Shock FX by Andrew Mayne is also good, lots of impromtu stuffs, no self-working gimmicks, but there ARE a few gimmicks that you'll have to make/buy( rubber chicken, chewing gum, paper bag ect.)

Kieran Oloughlin
03-12-2011, 06:40 AM
aswesome thanks

Fruglemonkey
03-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Off the Cuff.

I always recommend it to everyone, for everything. Seriously, get it.