PDA

View Full Version : Rope magic

Kieran Oloughlin
02-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Hey everyone:D
After seeing Grandmothers necklace performed and a few other rope tricks I am thinking of looking into some rope magic. I have found Daryl - Expert rope magic made easy dvd which looks alright.

SO! Where can I get some rope for rope magic and does anyone have a dvd to recomend to me?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Oh and yes. Do people think learning rope magic is a good idea

s13zeTheDay
02-15-2011, 04:17 AM
I'm not really sure about any specific sources of rope magic (I picked up those effects here and there). And as for if you should learn it at all, I would say it depends on what kind of performer you are. It isn't good for street magic, however it can be quite versatile and depending on the presentation work in stage shows, parties, walkaround (e.g. an event) etc. It all depends on your presentation.

la0o9
02-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Where to get ropes? i think a trip to Walmart or a hardware store and you'll be able to find a few.

Where to learn rope tricks? honestly... idk... i've never heard of a DVD on ropes... but i do know a book, it's called "Self working rope magic: 70 foolproof tricks", i think it's pretty good, with a rope in hand you could prolly understand all the explanations.